Immersive Cocoon "2011"
Director, Writer, Producer, Editor, VFX Supervisor, Set Designer, Compositor, Sole 3D Artist
2011 | Keir Dullea encounters a mysterious object, in a scenario reminiscent of the penultimate scene from Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey that he appeared in over forty years ago.
This teaser short/faux commercial - best played loud - was developed over a two year period on a shoestring budget. Live action was filmed multi-camera, against greenscreen atop a backlit plexi floor. Mr. Dullea was then integrated into an entirely digital set personally created and rendered at 1080HD.
* View Making Of Film
* Read Behind the Scenes Interview. A 2011 Space Odyssey.
* Vimeo Staff Pick.
* Official Selection to OneDotZero 2011 Film Festival, Future Cities. BFI Southbank, London.
* Closing film, Carnival of Darkness 3 Film Festival. Hollywood, CA.
* 2013 Selections to LoneStarCon3 Film Festival, Tri-Cities International Fantastic Film Festival and the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
* Nominated for Best Architectural Film/Animation (Non-Commissioned) - 2012 CGArchitect Architectural 3D Awards.
* Featured in 2011 Autodesk Design Visualization Reel, Entertainment Creation Suite advertising and Chaos Group's 2011 Film & VFX Reel.
* Over half a million plays. Featured on 500 plus sites inc. Slashfilm, Ain't It Cool News, CGChannel, Motionographer, Iso50, Gizmag, ADLand, Treehugger, Yatzer and the Herman Miller blog.
Director/Producer/Editor: Oliver Zeller
Production Designer: Tino Schaedler
Music & Sound Design: Steven Chand
VFX Supervisors: Oliver Zeller & Quan Tran
3D CG/Set Designer/Compositor: Oliver Zeller
Compositing Lighting TD/Tracker: Quan Tran
Compositors: Miguel Bautista & Anthony Vu
Graphic Designer: Ken Leung
Character Storyboard Artist: Manuel Plank-Jorge
Director of Photography: Shaheen Seth
Gaffer & Key Grip: Tshaka Brookes
Camera Operator: Joe Anderson
Digital Intermediate Technician: Alexander Peterson
Makeup Artist & Stylist: Laura Pugliese
Executive Producers: Michael Brown, Tino Schaedler, Co-Executive Producers: Pia Habekost, Jean-Lucien Gay